Sunday, October 28, 2012

Week 4. Reflections


There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them.
Ray Bradbury


The fourth week is almost over. As usually we have studied interesting articles and discussed new topics on nicenet.

The first post was dedicated to reading and writing skills. Courtney as usually successfully instructed our e-class. We were delighted to have Deborah Healey with us, a very experienced professional. I understood that as soon as I visited Deborah Healey's Attic, a very romantic name, isn’t it? Deborah has stored a lot of interesting things there. I was impressed by Women Teaching Women English, a very good perspective! Who is to think about women’s education if not a woman!

I enjoyed reading the article Courtney placed on our website, but I would like to pay attention to Mei-Ya Liang's article Three Extensive Reading Activities for ESL/EFL , as I liked online extensive reading lesson that he describes in it. I want to try online extensive reading with my students.

The second discussion was dedicated to student-oriented and teacher-oriented issues. After reading the posts of my colleagues from Pakistan and India I don’t dare to complain about technology issue. The topic that preoccupies me most of all is plagiarism. I shall focus on it!

The third was technology-enhanced lesson plan. It was a challenge for me, I jumped from one idea to another, but finally I decided to share with my colleagues the things I do with my sophomores. I was lucky to receive Jasmina’s and Sankarakumar’s pieces of advice and I managed to make some corrections.

I am happy to have not only brilliant, professional colleagues, but also new friends!

See you week 5!

Ina

No comments:

Post a Comment